Magnetic Flux Leakage technology:
- High resolution
- Operational in any product
- Reasonable costs
- State of the art technology
Circulation of magnetic field in the contour consisting of pipeline wall material and constant magnet is disturbed by any pipeline wall features and the deviation of magnetic flux leakage (MFL) can be detected and measured by special sensors.
MFL DETECTION CAPABILITIES:
- General corrosion
- Hard spots
- Metal construct elements
- External excess metal objects
- T-pieces, flanges, valves, casing etc.
MFL TECHNOLOGY TO GET ERF (ESTIMATED REPAIR FACTOR) DATA:
- MFL data is not a direct measurement, so complex data interpretation is required to transform flux leakage into depth, width and length of features.
- Discrimination between internal and external features.
- Signal depends on length-to-width ratio of features, limited ability on narrow axial features.
- Results may be affected by pipe steel characteristics, external objects and stress in pipe walls.